From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 18:08:27 CDT

Hi,
  You can do various tricks with the .vmdrc file by having your script
detect when you load a new structure file and setup the default behavior
according to your preferences. You could add your atom radii settings
into a your own variant of the "default visualization" script that
Axel Kohlmeyer has in his VMD tutorial:
  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part7.html#chap9_sect2

  John