From: Sabuj Pattanayek (sabuj.pattanayek_at_Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 16:42:42 CST

Yeah I have the same problem in the beta pymol, haven't tried the stable
version:

OpenGL-based graphics engine:
   GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
   GL_RENDERER: Quadro4 750 XGL/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!
   GL_VERSION: 1.5.3 NVIDIA 71.67
  Hardware stereo capability detected.
  Adapting to Quadro hardware...
  Detected 2 CPUs. Enabled multithreaded rendering.
/usr/bin/pymol: line 14: 8852 Segmentation fault
$PYMOL_PATH/pymol.exe $*

and 7167 won't compile on 2.6.10-11? kernels either, need 2.6.12-rc1,
haven't tested others. I get similar crashes in VMD 1.8.2+ using 7167
also. For instance, if you load a pdb and try to make a "licorice"
representation, vmd just closes/crashes.

I also think this maybe a Quadro problem and not a a problem with
GeForce cards. I have a GeForce 5500 FX on another machine and it
doesn't have these programs, and realtime GLSL rendering works very
nicely in vmd 1.8.3.

Sorry for posting this on both mailing lists, just trying to avoid
reposting.

..Sabuj Pattanayek