From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 13:35:36 CST

Stuart,
  I haven't really written a text based interface for driving the
'vmdmovie' plugin, though this is an excellent idea. In the short term,
if you want to make movies, you can either hack the vmdmovie plugin, or
you can use one of the simpler movie generation scripts that preceeded
it. The simpler scripts are posted in the VMD script library here in
the "movie making scripts" area:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/

If you decide to hack the plugin source code, you could do it by
modifying the contents of the ::MovieMaker::buildmovie procedure,
eliminating all of the GUI stuff and just having it to the low
level movie crunching stuff.