From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 10:20:08 CST

Hi,
  I'm guessing that Insight's startup script is causing problems due to
one of the following possible reasons:
- Changing these two environment variables:
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH
   LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

- An error in the insightII startup script is causing csh to error out
  before it is finished processing your login scripts, this too can
  give problems in some cases.

One solution to insightII causing problems might be to separate it's
stuff from your main login files. I.e., move the source accelrys stuff
into a new "insightII" script and have that script start insightII. If
insightII isn't working for you either, perhaps there's something wrong
there that needs fixing anyway, in which case I'd focus on solving that.