From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 11:08:45 CST

Those variables should not influence the behaviour of VMD, except for:

> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This could conceivably influence the behaviour of VMD if there are
some libraries in the directories pointed to by LD_LIBRARY_PATH that
can replace some of those that VMD supposes come from the OS.

> > LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

This is a bit tricky as I mentioned in an earlier e-mail. You could
make a test by putting in the .cshrc file _after_ all the Insight
specific lines something like:

unsetenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

If this changes the behaviour of VMD, then you can add this line to
the VMD startup script (or you can make a startup script for Insight
that sets up all it needs - that's what we have done here - and
therefore all other programs will no longer get the Insight specific
variables).

> > PATH

This should in principle not influence VMD as it knows where to look
for the OS specific binaries.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868