From: dieter blaas (dieter.blaas_at_univie.ac.at)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 10:02:40 CST

Thanx, Axel,
  I had acidentially deleted the H:/temp directory which was defined as
environment variable. After I created it again, VMD made surfaces of
small molecules without trouble. However, when I try to render the
surface of the virus with roughly 400 000 coordinates I receive the
message: "surf_WIN32.exe has caused an error and will be closed.
Restart the program". I have about 10 GB free space on the H:\temp.
Win2k, AMD 1800, 512 MB RAM. Is this not sufficient? How could I
proceed?
Thanx for hints, Dieter