From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2021 - 11:05:29 CDT

Please try not to be sloppy here: you're pasting commands from another
package (in this case LAMMPS) assuming that every person on the VMD mailing
list will know what those commands mean. And if you don't bother to
explain what's the problem with those commands, what good does it do to
include them?

For a radial density profile, if you want to do this outside LAMMPS because
e.g. you're post-processing, basically you're going to need to compute the
center of mass of the micelle (taking care that PBC wrapping does not
interfere with the computation) and then transform all Cartesian
coordinates of the micelle atoms into spherical ones, or at least compute
just the radial coordinate, r. At that point you just compute a histogram
of r weighted by whatever you're using.

Don't know what's a "perfect micelle" (some of them have funny shapes and
they're just fine like that). If you are looking for a 3D density map you
could use the volmap command in VMD or the corresponding GUI:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/volmapgui/
Again, you need to center the micelle on a fixed position (e.g. the origin)
and make sure PBC wrapping is not an issue. If you don't know what that
means, please read about those two first.

Giacomo