From: Francesco Coppola (fcoppo3_at_uic.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2021 - 11:37:59 CDT

Hello everyone,

I am Francesco, a relatively new VMD user. I am writing to you because I
have a little problem: I am trying to create (and subsequently I will have
to simulate) a Silicon Carbide nanoparticle (2 nm) which has 2 different
terminal groups on the surface in different percentages (-OH 70% and -COOH
30%).

Now the problem is that with VMD (version 1.9.4) Molefacture I have several
problems creating this SiC nanoparticle. I was wondering if there was a
simpler method than its manual creation, or if there was a library for the
tkconsole with codes that could help me create the nanoparticle in question.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Have a great day,
Best regards,

Francesco Coppola