From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 14:12:03 CDT

Shirley,
  It would be helpful to know how long (how many frames) the movies
you're making are, which type of movies you're making, and what version
of ImageMagick and/or NetPBM you have installed on your computer. Those
are the factors that'll have the biggest impact on movie speed presently.
The next version of VMD contains an update movie making plugin that runs
much faster (2x as fast) for many common movie types.