From: Shirley Li (li19104_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 12:32:03 CDT

Dear All,

I would like to create an amination with VMD on Linux computer. I have some problems here:

1) It is very slow at importing each single trajectory file (.dcd). The movie generation process in Linux system is also much slowere than that in Windows system. Is it reasonable, or is it caused by any problem with my computer? The memory and disk space in my Linux computer seem to be enough.

2) Step 7 (Status: Encoding) seems to take forever and never finish (almost stuck there), and the same situation for the refreshing of my other terminal windows. Does is mean that some softwares are NOT installed in my computer?

Your help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Shirley