From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 11 2021 - 16:36:35 CST

Hi,
  No, it is not a straightforward process to make any changes
to the fonts used in the main VMD window (which is based on FLTK
by the way). That said, It is possible to compile VMD against a new version
of FLTK, and in doing so gain support for a font antialiasing feature
assuming that you have a sufficient X-windows implementation on your
system. This won't impact the overall characteristics of the font however,
and would only improve the way it is rasterized on screen. In the past
some users encountered bugs/problems with the font antialiasing in FLTK,
so this prevented us from adopting those features in previous revs of VMD.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/