From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 31 2020 - 15:04:46 CST

It seems this question never got an answer.
If you read about the various VMD scripting commands, you can
have VMD do custom visualization operations as a trajectory is
animated. There are examples that draw text on each timestep, but
you could just as well manipulate the camera. There's no built-in
feature for what you're asking for however, which is likely why
nobody on the mailing list replied to your question.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/