From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 12 2020 - 20:03:27 CST

This sounds trivial, but you don't note the answer, so I'll ask anyway. Did
you look at the individual dcd files that were being combined with catdcd,
for this particular set of trajectories? It is good to know whether the
unexpected behavior is caused by catdcd (exceedingly unlikely in this case)
or is present in your original trajectories.
Best,
Peter