From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 14 2020 - 01:55:40 CST

Dear VMD-L,
  I have just posted new test builds of VMD compiled with
developmental FLTK cross-platform GUI libraries and Tcl/Tk
versions that appear to run correctly on the latest
MacOS Big Sur operating system.

Beyond just the usual 64-bit build for Intel x86, I've
also posted the first build of VMD that runs natively
on the new Apple ARM-based "M1" Mac models:
  https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

Since both versions are compiled from literally the latest
available developmental versions of FLTK, Tcl/Tk, there could
be new bugs that didn't affect prior test builds.

I expect to post a new 64-bit Windows build as soon as I
complete building and testing a new Windows installer compilation.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/