From: Almeida-Hernández, Yasser, Dr. (yasser.almeida-hernandez_at_uni-due.de)
Date: Thu Aug 20 2020 - 03:16:52 CDT

Thank you.

Best,

Yasser

________________________________
From: Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:10:46 PM
To: Almeida-Hernández, Yasser, Dr.
Subject: Re: vmd-l: New LAMMPS atom style for TopoTools

The TopoTools plugin does not read dump files but data files.
It currently supports atom styles atomic, bond, angle, molecular, charge, full, and sphere.
Adding support for most other atom styles is non-trivial (or else it would be already done). The atom style has to be specified explicitly when loading the file since the file format is not self-describing, so the atom style cannot be reliably inferred from the data in the file.

LAMMPS (atom or custom style, text mode) dump files can be read through the lammpstrj molfile plugin.

Axel.