From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 18 2020 - 00:32:47 CDT

For 1, 'free' is for a single amino acid.
For 2, from a technical standpoint you ought to be able to modify the
fix_martini_psf.tcl script to set the disordered regions to 'C'. But it is
probably important to think carefully about whether this is a good idea at
all; IDPs are tricky business even for good all-atom force fields, so you
ought to be very sure that the questions that you're interested in could be
answered in a meaningful way with a CG approach, especially if you're
looking at protein-protein interactions.
Best,
Peter