From: Mortimer Hemmit (mortimer.hemmit_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 15 2020 - 17:17:49 CDT

Hi Rahul,

I think we should keep VMD on the thread.

Taking a look at the VMD User Guide will help you fix and understand a
lot of these syntax problems:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.3/ug/node122.html
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.3/ug/node199.html

atomselect molecule_id selection_text [frame frame_number]
Creates a new atom selection and returns its name.

$roll (with two L) is a molecule ID. It contains an integer such as 0, 1, 2,...
$rol (with one L) is an atom selection. It contains a name such as
"atomselect0", "atomselect1", ...
Those names map to atom selections.

The error message has already told you this:

> expected integer but got "atomselect1"Not valid molecule id atomselect1 in atomselect's 'molId'

Your commands to align the POPC to the origin are clearly working.
Aligning a POPC and a nanotube to the origin should be exactly the
same, right? You used one atom selection for the POPC. I don't see why
one atom selection wouldn't work for the nanotube.

You should figure out exactly what the commands and variables stand
for, and exactly why you are using so many of them.

Thanks,
Mortimer