From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2020 - 10:26:23 CDT

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 7:45 AM Holland J.O. <J.O.Holland_at_soton.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying render a nanoparticle using tachyon. In the terminal I get:
>
> vmd > render Tachyon "C:\Users\julia\OneDrive\Desktop\VMD renders"
> Info) Rendering current scene to 'C:UsersjuliaOneDriveDesktopVMD renders'
> Info) Tachyon file generation finished
> Info) Rendering complete.
>
> However when I navigate to that directory there appears to be no file. I
> have also looked in the program files for vmd and there does not appear to
> be any .bmp files either.

there should be a file under the name:

UsersjuliaOneDriveDesktopVMD renders

please note that the '\' character is an escape character in double quoted
strings, so to denote windows style path separators, you need to use '\\'
instead of '\'.

axel.