From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2020 - 08:52:23 CDT

Hi Mohammad, compared to your previous message on the LAMMPS mailing list
you have done a marginal amount of additional searching, but you should
read further.

APBS has both its own tutorials (to get started with an example) and
reference manual (to actually understand what the code does). You should
read those, most importantly start by seeing if a Poisson-Boltzmann
computation is what you need for your problem. VMD supports reading and
displaying the output of APBS, but does not produce it on its own.

Alternatively, there is also PMEpot:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pmepot/
which will compute the electric field generated from the point charges over
a trajectory. You need to load the atomic point charges in VMD on your own
first.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Research collaborator, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD