From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 09 2020 - 18:08:29 CDT

to visualize it, you first need to compute the eigenvectors and those
require the construction and diagonalization of a hessian matrix or
something equivalent like a principal component analysis (which is more
suitable for low frequency collective modes of large objects).

the kind of thing you are looking for is more commonly available as
visualization/post-processing of quantum chemistry codes. this has very
little common what the spectral density plugin does. those spectra are
computed by taking the individual eigenvalues and then applying some
smoothing and estimates of peak intensities from the transition moments.
that is a whole different ball of wax.

axel.