From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2020 - 11:29:38 CDT

Hi,
  It seems that there is a bug in FLTK for MacOS X Cocoa that affects
all FLTK window subclasses. I have reproduced the same crash you're
reporting with multiple FLTK-based VMD windows, so it does not appear to
be a problem that's specific to the OpenGL window. A newer or different
version of FLTK may be more stable in this regard, so I'll have to keep
note of this as something to try with a different FLTK build version
and to check against the FLTK test apps also.

Best regards,