From: Josh Vermaas (joshua.vermaas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 24 2020 - 08:37:53 CDT

A .pdb file is a .pdb file. The format doesn't change, so you can still use
a beta or occupancy column to store a value. You'd need to do something
like this:

#Read in your data
set fin [open file.dat]
while { ! [eof $fin] } {
#This should get you your resid and contactnum in a list
set input [split [gets $fin]]
set resid [lindex $input 0]
set contactnum [lindex $input 1]
set sel [atomselect top "resid $resid"]