From: George Mogami (mogami-g_at_material.tohoku.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2020 - 23:00:10 CST

Dear John,
Thank you for your reply. Your advice was to the point.
I am using MobaXterm as Xserver with SSH terminal,
which is useful because X11-forwarding and DISPLAY settings are constructed automatically.
However, it means we can not know the internal settings except for the DISPLAY environment variable (localhost:10.0).
Then, I tried to stop Xserver of MobaXterm and start Xming,
and set the DISPLAY environment variable as 10.32.166.110:0.0 (remote PC address),
and VMD was launched with no error.

If I ran "wish" (not wishx) using MobaXterm X-forwarding,
grey small window appeared and % was displayed in prompt with no error.
Although VMD became available, I wondered why only VMD Tk got failure.
In addition, using the same MobaXterm X-forwarding environment in another centos machine,
I confirmed VMD was launched with no error.
So, I think it's hard to isolate the problem.
Anyway, since this isn't an issue with VMD itself, my immediate problem was tentatively solved.
I would appreciate If you could give me a hint concerning the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
George