From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2019 - 12:41:06 CST

Hi Bart,
  For best performance, I would use the JS format rather than DCD,
it is between 2x and 3x faster than DCD if you have a high performance
storage system due to the use of kernel-bypass I/O (DCD uses conventional
buffered I/O, so there are extra kernel-internal copies).

I would suggest that you could either load in VMD and write it out as a
.js file, or you could use the 'catdcd' tool to convert it outside of VMD.

Let us know if you've got more questions there.

Best,
  John