From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2019 - 16:44:33 CST

Hi,
  When comparing cross correlation calculations, it is important to be sure
the same atom radii and masses are assumed by both programs, as these
values impact the calculation of the "simulated" density map that is used
for the cross correlation calculation. One can eliminate these differences
by computing a simulated density map and doing a map-map cross correlation,
and then I would expect different software to produced identical results
assuming the same input maps, thresholding etc.

Best regards,
  John Stone

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/