From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2019 - 13:35:12 CDT

I'll second Nathan's opinion that the VMD defaults within movie maker are not great. This is a line that I use pretty frequently:

ffmpeg -i inputfiles.%04d.ppm -pix_fmt yuv420p output.mp4

ffmpeg has a TON of options, and I use the pix_fmt option to make really sure that its something that plays nicely with the default mac video players.

-Josh