From: Nathan Kern (nathan.kern_at_lehigh.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2019 - 11:22:36 CDT

Grant,

I would strongly recommend that you use ffmpeg manually to make videos.
This is the command I use to make a high-bitrate video from the TGA images
produced by VMD:

ffmpeg -framerate 60 -i frames/frame.%05d.tga -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 100M
test.mp4

You can play with the settings of course, but this works well generally.

Nathan Kern