From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 10:22:44 CDT

Hi,
  This is a limitation of those scripts, which are as noted on the
script library page mainly exemplary material, and NOT bulletproof
tools that are well tested. They are short scripts written by other
VMD users that have been posted in hopes of being useful to others, but
that doesn't necessarily mean they are bug-free by any means. Most of
them are short and only do one thing, usually the thing that was interesting
to the original author of the script.

It could likely be fixed if a "display resetview" was inserted into
the command stream prior to applying various transformation matrices,
which is what those scripts are doing. In truth, those scripts are somewhat
hampered by the VMD interfaces they have to work with, hopefully we'll have
a better way of doing this sort of thing in future revs of VMD. In the mean
time, try inserting a "display resetview" in the code for restoring viewpoints
prior to the point where they apply the transformation matrices.