From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2019 - 09:43:30 CDT

Hi Anupama,

You can't write out a trajectory for this kind of selection, because the number of atoms changes from frame to frame, which breaks typical trajectory formats, as well as some assumptions VMD makes internally. If there was some core set of water molecules that doesn't change, or if you wanted to pick the 100 closest water molecules, some clever tcl scripting can do what you want. Would that be helpful?

-Josh