From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2019 - 08:57:18 CDT

None. There VMD "color" commands that overwrite the color scale, as described
in the VMD User's Guide, and as demonstrated in the script I sent.
You just need to run the Tcl "source" command on that script to load it
(no need to replace anything in VMD itself), and then you can issue any
of the commands it contains to replace the color scale with one of the
Matlab-derived variants. You can then go further and write your own
procedures for whatever other kinds of color scales you may need.

Best,