From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2019 - 09:37:44 CDT

You can overwrite the default VMD color scales with anything you want
using a trivial script. I attach an example script that reproduces
the standard matlab color scales/gradients. Let me know if you have
questions on using it or adapting it for the color scales you want to use.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/