From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2019 - 07:31:22 CDT

this number is a compile time choice. so to have a VMD executable with a
larger allowance for the number of bonds per atom, you need to compile a
custom executable, which is a non-trivial task unless you are familiar with
compiling software with many dependencies and unconventional build scripts
and settings. if you are running on windows and need a windows executable,
it is particularly challenging.

axel.