From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2019 - 16:42:06 CDT

Hi,
  I should also mention that when one uses source, if there are any
syntactic errors in the code, execution will halt, whereas when you
paste code into the interpreter line-by-line (as in TkCon or when
using the "play" command) if you have an error, subsequent commands
will still be run.

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/