From: Joao Ribeiro (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2019 - 09:38:50 CDT

Dear Alex,

This message belongs to namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu and not vmd-l.

In fact, the pdb containing the declaration of the atoms to be kept fixed and the pdb used to run the simulations have to have exactly the same atoms.

Did you prepare the “fixed_coordinates” from the pdb that you used to run the simulation? In this case, you can use VMD to load you initial psf and pdb, and then execute the following commands.

set selAll [atomselect top “all”]

set selFixed [atomselect top “index x to y”]

$selAll set occupancy 0.0; # set the occupancy of all atoms to 0.0

$selFixed set occupancy 1.0; # set the occupancy of selected atoms to 1.0

$selAll writepdb fixed_coordinates.pdb; #export the pdb

I hope this helps

Best

João

João Vieira Ribeiro
Beckman Institute, University of Illinois

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~jribeiro/

jribeiro_at_illinois.edu

+1 (217) 3005851