From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2019 - 17:05:15 CDT

Hi Roshan,

The DCD file has a header. The number of frames are written to it.
So if the header says 25000 frames, and you can go only until 13499, is
there a chance that the DCD file is corrupted? Did something happen while
you were running the simulation? Is dyn3.dcd a result of combining multiple
dcd files.

A number of things can result in DCD files going bad.

There is no easy way, in my head that can fix this. If you appended the DCD
files -- go and append them again, if you get the same result - perhaps
better to keep them separate.

If this is a single file and not a result of appending multiple smaller
trajectories together - then you will have to actually go inside the DCD
and skip the frames that are bad. This is not a trivial thing but can be
done. To confirm if possible I searched the mailing lists and found an
answer for you here:

https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2008-2009/1037.html

Best,
/A