From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2019 - 17:32:33 CDT

Sorry I’m late to the party on this...

Take a step back and think about what you are trying to do.

An atom with no bonds doesn’t have anything to optimize in ffTK:

—The partial charge will be the formal charge

—No bonds also means that there are no defined angles, dihedrals, or impropers

The only parameters would be LJ terms; fftk doesn’t support parametrization of LJ (they require a different type of optimization process).

I hadn’t considered this case when writing the error checking code, so you’re getting the traceback where the code fails, rather than a politely worded error message.

Regards,
Chris Mayne

Sent from my iPhone