From: Ryan McGreevy (ryanmcgreevy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2019 - 13:17:05 CST

There have been a couple versions of that script (which is one reason it
has now been simplified and incorporated into VMD properly), but I think
that script should do both translation and rotation. However, it does look
like the latest 1.9.4 alpha release (a27)
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?PackageName=VMD
has the new built in command if you want to try that. It is in the new
`voltool` command which contains many volumetric data manipulation routines
(and replaces the old volutil plugin). The command you want is `voltool
move` which takes a 4x4 matrix just like you get from `measure fit` and
applies it to a specified map. No need to convert any files or modify any
headers.