From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2019 - 05:50:15 CST

Yes.

You will need:

   - equation of the plane (representing the surface)
   - the coordinates of the atom (which you should have since you have an
   atom)
   - some basic maths (from a high-school coordinate geometry section --
   both to make the equation above and work out the plane's distance from the
   point[atom])

making the equation representing the surface and working out the remaining
maths should be relatively straightforward in VMD.

--
Best,
/A