From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2019 - 16:44:29 CST

Hi,
  There isn't a convenient way of waiting for console input without blocking
the VMD Tcl interpreter due to the way console handling works. That being
said, it is _easy_ to do this within a Tk GUI, and Tk GUIs are simple
to write. So, since your goal is to do some simple user interaction, I would
suggest writing a tiny little Tk GUI for it.

Tk is event-driven, so when you interact with the window, it triggers
actions that call Tcl procs, and you can make them as simple or as
complex as you like. This is how the VMD plugin GUI interfaces are all
written.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/