From: Seibold, Steve Allan (stevesei_at_ku.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2019 - 15:03:47 CST

Hi Joao
Thanks for your response…The start of the script is as follows:

proc distance {seltext1 seltext2 N_d f_r_out f_d_out} {

set sel1 [atomselect top "$seltext1"]
set sel2 [atomselect top "$seltext2"]

I finally figured it out..You are correct it was a selection problem…When running the script through VMD I needed to call the “seltext1” (in my case “protein and resid 450”) instead of “sel1”
That is,
>distance “protein and resid 450” “protein and resid 471” 10 test1.dat test2.dat

It is clearly pointed out in the example, I just missed understood the script…

I was incorrectly using “sel1” and “sel2”..That is,
>distance “sel1” “sel2 “ 10 test1.dat test2.dat

Thanks again for your response…

Steve