From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2018 - 17:27:58 CST

Hi Prabir,

Please keep this on the list, so that others can also impart wisdom where appropriate (and so that folks googling for answers later can find them). I think you aren't giving the force field enough credit. Long initial bonds can be minimized away pretty easily, so as long as your initial starting position is *close*, you should be fine. The way I'd set this up is to duplicate one monomer, rotate it by 60 degrees around your preferred axis, and merge them all into one file using atomselections and TopoTools. From there, psfgen would be your friend to make something you can simulate.

-Josh