From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2018 - 14:32:13 CST

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM Michail Lazaratos
<michalislaz_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Greetings VMD users,
>
> i want to create new atoms in VMD as a part of a visualization.
>
> So far i can create atoms with the command "mol new atoms 1".
>
> Is is possible to assign resnames, resids, segnames and most importantly
> coordinates to those new atoms.

yes, you can do all that. please keep in mind, that it is better to
create atoms in chunks, not just in increments of 1, as there is a lot
of overhead with storing a "molecule".

as for coordinates, there is no initial storage for them, so you
cannot set them. you create storage for new frames with the "animate
dup" command. for more details, please check out the VMD user's guide.

axel.