From: Nathan M. Lim (UCI) (limn1_at_uci.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2018 - 12:42:01 CST

Hello VMD Mailing list,

I’m having trouble with VMD launching ever since I updated to MacOSX 10.14. I’ve tried launching from the `Applications` folder which opens a terminal with `/Applications/VMD\ 1.9.4.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command ; exit;` and it just hangs, terminal window doesn’t close nor does a VMD window open. I’ve tried running the `/Applications/VMD\ 1.9.4.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command` in a separate terminal window with the same result, no window opens and it just hangs on this command.

 I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of VMD from 1.9.1, 1.9.2, 1.9.3 and 1.9.4 but the result is the same.

The only error output to Console is rather unhelpful.

Any suggestions on what to do besides completely reinstalling my MacOS installation?

Thanks,
Nathan Lim

Thanks,
Nathan Lim