From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 16:49:18 CDT

Dear Jay,
  What happens if you open a command shell and try running it by hand
like this (the quotes are necessary since the filename contains spaces):
  "c:\program files\vmd-2.7.2\vmach.exe"

If you can't run it by hand, then VMD can't run it either.

Another possibility is that you're trying to save the results
into a directory or filename that contains spaces. The previous
revs of the vmdmovie plugin didn't have a solution for a strange
problem VideoMach has when executed the normal way, in the new
version we've just made a change that'll make this work.
In the mean time, make sure that the "working directory"
setting in the vmdmovie plugin corresponds to a directory name
that doesn't contain spaces. This is only a problem on Windows,
the Unix versions of vmdmovie work fine with filenames containing
spaces, this is a specific change we've made to please VideoMach on
Windows.

Let us know if you need more help getting this working.