From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri May 18 2018 - 09:51:53 CDT

(copying the list for community benefit)

The problem is that the element for hydrogens wasn’t set correctly for whatever reason. So in your QM calculations, all the hydrogens were marked as atom type X and summarily ignored.

The simplest way around this is to load your PSF/PDB and type

set sel [atomselect top “name \”H.*\””]
$sel set element H
set all [atomselect top all]
$all writepdb new.pdb

And then use that for all the QM setup, analysis, etc.

As a fix, we need to figure out if we want to deal with this within FFTK or PSFGen, the latter of which appears to not add element names to any newly created atoms.

Best,
JC