From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2018 - 19:25:54 CDT

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Sonibare, Kolawole
<kasonibare42_at_students.tntech.edu> wrote:
> Axel, the problem I have is that I have 3 different molecules in my
> simulation. Therefore, if I use the lammps code, I am not sure of the
> validity of the result since the molecules are not the same.
>

> Instead, what I did was use the chunk command to output the COM of the
> different molecules into a dump file and try to use topotools to convert the
> dump file into a xyz file so that VMD can open it. But right now I'm getting
> this error.
>

> readvarxyz: read in 0 frames requiring 0 atoms storage.Type map:Max type
> counts:0
>

> Your comment and that of any other member is appreciated.

you are not making any sense to me. you attempt something complex with
questionable advantages, where you obviously have no experience in
doing it, and not the skill to figure it out on your own.
while on the other hand what i am suggesting is straightforward to do
after carefully reviewing the provided documentation and examples. you
can easily separate different molecules into groups and do the
computations separately for groups.

using .xyz format files makes no sense, either, since that file format
does not include the box information and thus you cannot easily take
box crossings into account. the msd compute in LAMMPS does that
automatically as well.

axel.