From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2017 - 14:50:24 CDT

Hi,
  Apparently your email arrived while I was away at Siggraph, and I missed
answering upon my return. If you know what voxel(s) you're interested in,
the cartesian coordinates are easily computed by multiplying the voxel
x/y/z indices by the grid spacing, and adding that to the cartesian coordinate
of the 0/0/0th voxel. You didn't specify what file format this volume is
stored in so it's hard to give further advice there. VMD doesn't have
a text mode analytical interface for this particular type of query for
a loaded volume, although it would be trivial to add since it computes
the cartesian coordinates for half of the things you would do using
volumetric data, so the math for doing that calculation is already there.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/