From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2017 - 09:46:33 CDT

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Valerio Sorichetti
<valeriosorichetti_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried, but for some reason it works on the nanoparticles but not on
> the polymers.
>
> But I think I understand where the problem is. My data are in this format:
>
> Atom_id type x y z
>
> where type=1 for the monomers and type=2 for the nanoparticles.
> The first 100 monomer coordinates represent the first polymer, the second
> 100 the second polymer and so on...
>
> So I think that for vmd there is no way to know that the monomers are part
> of different polymers.
>
> Maybe I have to assign a different type to every polymer? Or is there
> another way?

the best approach is to have a separate molecule id for each separate
molecule and also, it is generally preferable to use the topotools
plugin to generate a .psf file for visualization purposes. that will
better communicate the topology information than having VMD guess it
from the LAMMPS trajectory dump.

https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/topotools/topotools-tutorial---various-tips-tricks

axel.