From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2017 - 08:27:08 CDT

You replied only to me - instead of the entire mailing list.

Anyway - you have to be more specific. When you say you want to extract
only one, which one?

Also I made a mistake.

The previous command with *[atomselect top "name P"]* selects only
phosphorous atoms and not phosphates. To fix this you have to use

*set only_Phosphates [atomselect top "name P or name OP1 or name OP2"]*
*$only_Phosphates writepdb phosphate_only.pdb*

Now the PDB should have all the phosphates (phosphorous atom and two
oxygens).

Going back to your question - you have to be specific in your criterion.

--
Best,
/A

--