From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2017 - 09:16:25 CDT

Besides launching VMD without display:

vmd -dispdev text -e <your Tcl commands>

it's not clear what else do you need.

If you are looking to share data between commands of your master script,
you should either write temporary files (as done in a system setup script)
or do the entire thing in VMD using Tcl.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU